The Local Vocal

The voice for Singapore media and its idiosyncracies

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mediacorp has creativity? Well dog my cats!

Just saw some advertisement on TV by Mediacorp Singapore (you know, the usual, doing some self-praise, like they always do) and it ends up with the slogan "Mediacorp...where creativity blossoms" I could not help but laugh at this. Waitaminute. Creativity? Mediacorp? You mean someone had the gumption to put these two words in the same sentence? What creativity? Hmmm...lets see...there was The Dancefloor, which was modelled after So You Think You Can Dance? Then there was (and still is) the logo for Channelnewsasia which looked like it was ripped from Adobe, The Pyramid game and so forth. So in what way does copying and aping mean creativity? And does it really blossom at Mediacorp? I fear (like I have always know) that they are the victim of a gigantic hoax. Gosh Mediacorp, do yourselves a favour. Don't shoot yourselves in the foot. Think about that. Creativity. Bah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home