A Mediacorp wedding farce
I laws listening to Gold 90 FM and it seems that they have a winner for their wedding promotion. What they effectively do is to look for a couple that will have the most touching story of all and then give them the wedding of their dreams. These people were “paraded” on radio and told their tales of woe as to why they could not have their weddings. Many sad stories came out and I thought that it was really noble of Mediacorp to help them. And then the penny dropped…
The winning wedding couple (I do not know ther names) was chosen after many people called in to vote for them. The couple was so happy and then I found out that Mediacorp started calling out for sponsors for this couple. What the flippin heck? I thought that Mediacorp was feeling generous all of a sudden and giving them the break of their lives and sponsoring their wedding…but now they are appealing for members of the public to sponsor the wedding? Oh for bloody crying out loud. Mediacorp, you put these poor people on a pedestal, tell the whole world about their plight and then after all that, getting people to vote (and still charge them) and then still have the gall to ask people to sponsor their wedding? After all the millions you have at your disposal you do not want to help this couple that you literally used to get more listeners? So you used them like you used the listeners?
You guys have sunk to a new low….a very new low.
The winning wedding couple (I do not know ther names) was chosen after many people called in to vote for them. The couple was so happy and then I found out that Mediacorp started calling out for sponsors for this couple. What the flippin heck? I thought that Mediacorp was feeling generous all of a sudden and giving them the break of their lives and sponsoring their wedding…but now they are appealing for members of the public to sponsor the wedding? Oh for bloody crying out loud. Mediacorp, you put these poor people on a pedestal, tell the whole world about their plight and then after all that, getting people to vote (and still charge them) and then still have the gall to ask people to sponsor their wedding? After all the millions you have at your disposal you do not want to help this couple that you literally used to get more listeners? So you used them like you used the listeners?
You guys have sunk to a new low….a very new low.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home