Sony Vaio notebooks suck

There are many products out there. Sure, you come across them, are pulled in by the sales pitch and before you are sure what you are doing, you whip out your cash or credit card and part with your hard-earned money. Now. Do you see where you will be a few years down the road? How is the after sales service like? Do you think you will be getting your money’s worth? There are many horror stories out there and none greater than Sony with their Vaio series of notebook computers. We had one here at my workplace. Gave us many years of service. So we decided to upgrade the notebook to the newest version of Windows. And that is where the penny dropped. Try as we might, we could not find drivers for the thing. The American site had drivers, as had the European site but the Asian site? Zero. Zilch. Nada. So a call to Sony was placed and you know what? We had to PAY for a CD with the drivers. Other manufacturers put their drivers on the web but Sony…ooooh no. They will milk you dry first. So I go to the SITEX exhibition held in Singapore just recently and I posed this question to the people down there about how to get after sales service. I asked him why Sony was different. He said that the reason the drivers were not up on the site was because of copyright issues. Bullshit. Other manufacturers can do that but not Sony. Bloody money-faced bastards. Looks like they grab you by the balls and squeeze gently. And all the time, he avoided looking at my eyes. When I left the booth, I took a picture of their booth. “No more bounds” it said. Sony Vaio’s suck, plain and simple. Don’t buy a Sony Vaio. I know I never will. And as for the “driverless” Sony notebook in question? Managed after some time to get some information on where to download the drivers…from a third-party website no less. Copyright issues, my ass. Well Sony, you can take your Vaio notebooks and shove them where the sun don’t shine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home